The Graduate School supports the vision, mission, and core values of the University of Central Arkansas. In doing so, the Graduate School
• Promotes intellectual excellence at the advanced levels of academic learning
• Serves multiple communities through professional and training activities
• Recruits and retains a highly qualified and diverse graduate student body
• Promotes integrity through ethical and responsible behavior in faculty, staff, and students
The Graduate School supports doctoral, specialist’s, master’s, and certificate programs of distinction in a variety of fields. These excellent programs help graduates acquire the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to become productive members of their chosen fields. The Graduate Council, a representative body of the graduate faculty, assists the Graduate Dean in establishing policies and standards for graduate education.
In keeping with its mission, the Graduate School has as its central purposes
• To approve curricula and admission, retention and completion standards for individual programs;
• To stimulate and support creative, scholarly and research activity through the University Research Council and the Office of Sponsored Programs;
• To approve standards of appointment for members of the Graduate Faculty;
• To advocate for graduate education within the Division of Academic Affairs and other levels as appropriate; and
• To work collaboratively with individual graduate programs and the UCA Office of Planning and Assessment to support program self-assessment and external review.
Wednesday 8am - 4:30pm
Thursday 8am - 4:30pm
Friday 8am - 4:30pm
Or by appointment