From Faculty Handbook:
a. To review the current general education program and make appropriate
recommendations to the Council of Deans.
b. To review and recommend to the Council of Deans new and revised general
education curricula proposed by the various departments and colleges.
c. To initiate and recommend policies and procedures relevant to general
UCA Core Council Membership:
1. One department chair is elected from each of the six academic colleges.
2. Two faculty members elected from each academic college with at least one holding the rank of assistant professor or above;
3. One faculty member elected by the University College faculty.
4. One faculty member elected by Honors College faculty.
5. Two students are invited to serve as members of the council, one representing the Student Government Association and one representing Alpha Chi.
The Director of UCA Core serves as chair of the Council.
The council elects its secretary each academic year.
The associate provost for instructional support, university director of assessment, director of the library and the registrar are ex-officio, non-voting members.
Each council member serves three years on a rotating basis. Students serve one-year terms.
X-period the first Tuesday of each month. On call other times as needed.
Questions? Contact UCA Core Director Dr. Jacob Held / email@example.com / 450-3634