BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCES
Family and Consumer Sciences is the "Today" Profession. . . .
Dedicated to enhancing the relationships among individuals, families, and communities and the environments in which they function, the Family and Consumer Sciences profession takes leadership in:
- improving individual, family, and community well-being;
- impacting the development, delivery, and evaluation of consumer goods and services;
- influencing the creation of policy; and
- shaping societal change, thereby enhancing the human condition.
Family and Consumer Sciences is concerned with:
- the strength and vitality of families;
- the development and use of personal, social, and material resources to meet human needs; the physical, psychosocial, economic, and aesthetic well-being of individuals and families;
- the role of individuals and families and consumers of goods and services;
- the development of home and community environments that are supportive of individuals and families;
- the design, use of, and access to current and emerging technologies;
- the analysis, development, and implementation of policies that support individuals, families, and communities.