College of Education 2016-17 Goals:
- The College will strengthen partnerships with schools, agencies, and community organizations to ensure program quality and maximize college and career readiness for the COE graduate and undergraduate students.
- The College will maintain external recognition by continuing to meet the rigorous CAEP accreditation and state program approval standards and/or SPA standards for initial and advanced educator preparation programs. Programs that are non-accredited will receive strong reviews as part of their external review process.
- The College will sustain a data-driven quality assurance system for continuous program improvement and innovation focused on completers’ positive impact on student learning and development.
- The College will recruit, retain, and support high quality teacher candidates, graduate students, faculty, and staff with the recognition that diversity is a necessary condition for excellence.
- The College will incorporate transformational learning opportunities and innovative activities into its academic programs that positively impact our students, P-12 education, and the community.
- The faculty in the College of Education will be actively involved in the improvement of teaching, learning, and the assessment through their research/scholarship.