Bearsread: Literacy Camp
Students grades 2-8 from school districts throughout the Central Arkansas area. The camp supports struggling readers and writers in literacy curriculum reflecting a project-based creative theme.
- BearsRead Literacy Camp is held June 5 – August 3, 2017 from 5-6:30pm (no sessions July 3rd – 7th).
- Campers must choose to attend either Monday or Tuesday nights and must commit to attending for eight weeks
- A teacher recommendation with any literacy assessments is encouraged. Preference will be given to struggling readers and writers.
- Please visit their website for more information: http://uca.edu/teaching/bearsread
- For more information, please contact Tammy Benson by phone: 501-852-2965 or email: email@example.com.
Bearswrite: From Pencils to Pixels Creative Writing Camp
Aspiring authors entering grades 4 to 9 may attend. Bearswrite will involve students in five action packed days of creative writing using both traditional methods and writing with technology. Campers will study how to use voice, setting, word choice, character traits, point-of-view, journaling, and poetry.
- Bearswrite is held on June 19-23, 2017 from 8:00am – 3:00pm each day.
- Please visit their website for more information: http://uca.edu/teaching/bearswrite
STEMulate Engineering Academy
Funded by a UCA Foundation Grant and a contribution by Kimberly Clark Corporation – Conway Mills, STEMulate Engineering Academy is a low-cost academic summer enrichment camp that provides learners with opportunities to explore science and math through engineering. For children entering grades 3-5.
- STEMulate Engineering Academy is held on June 5-8, 2017 from 10am-4:00pm each day
- Please contact Dr. Debbie Dailey by phone: 501-852-0920 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Please visit their website for more information: http://uca.edu/teaching/stemulate-academy
This summer program is designed to offer students an exciting, hands-on curriculum. We believe all students want to be challenged. UCA is ready to meet such an ambitious challenge with hands-on activities guaranteed to promote curiosity and fun. For students entering grades 4-6 who share an interest in science.
- UCA Challenge is held July 10-14, 2017
- Please contact Lisa Herrington by phone: 501-450-5442 or email: email@example.com
- Please visit their website for more information: http://uca.edu/else/univchallenge/
UCA Super Kids
UCA Super Kids is a science camp for entering first, second, and third graders who desire to learn and have fun. The Super Kids camp is designed to offer students an exciting curriculum not offered in most schools. The classes include Young Medical Scientists, Young Chemist, and Young Paleontologist. A special 20 minutes per day is devoted to friendship building.
- UCA Super Kids is held in Summer 2017 on June 5-9, June 12-16, June 19-23, and June 26-June 30 from 8:30am – 2:30pm.
- Please contact Jamie Dallas by phone: 501-852-2822 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The topics for this year are: Young Oceanographers, Young Zoologists, and Young Ecologists.
- Please visit their website for more information: http://uca.edu/else/super-kids/
The camps listed above are those hosted by the College of Education on the UCA campus. Other colleges on the UCA campus may also have summer camps for K-12 students. For information on additional summer camps for kids, please visit http://uca.edu/outreach/.