Kappa Delta Pi Announces Mentor Teacher of the Semester

The Pi Beta Chapter of Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education at the University of Central Arkansas, presents Internship II awards each semester for education majors at UCA. Jason Campbell, Ruth Doyle Middle School, received the Mentor Teacher of the Semester award.

Jason Campbell was nominated by his student intern, Emily James. The intern shared, “I can tell he finds joy when students become interested and passionate about reading. Every day I wonder how learning grammar and language arts will be fun and interesting, yet somehow he manages to make it so the kids have a blast learning.” Jason has given unselfishly of his time to help a budding new teacher. Emily feels grateful that she was placed in his class. She said, “He pushed me and challenged me to work my hardest, and because or these high expectations, I feel more equipped as a professional and as an educator.”

Jason Campbell will be invited to the College of Education’s pinning ceremony in the spring on the campus of the University of Central Arkansas.

Nancy Gallavan, Emily James, and Mara Cawein present Mr. Jason Campbell with the honor of UCA Mentor Teacher of the Semester.