Want to have a successful first year? Then take the UCA Student Success Challenge! We’ll help you become the best student you can be!
The Student Success Challenge is designed to provide you with strategies to enhance your academic success during your first year at UCA. All you have to do is complete each of the programs or assignments listed below, and we’re confident your academic skills and performance will improve.
As an added incentive, first-year entering Pell-eligible students who participate in the program and complete all challenges this Fall, will receive a one-time, $250 Student Success Scholarship for the Spring 2017 term. First-year entering students who are not Pell-eligible but choose to complete the Challenge can receive selected UCA merchandise from the Office of Student Success.
An information session will be held on Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 1:40 -2:30pm, in Ida Waldran Auditorium, Old Main Hall.
Student Success Challenge Participant Requirements
Be a first-time entering freshman at UCA
Be enrolled full-time on the 11th day of classes (9/1/2016)
Students who meet these requirements and the following additional requirements will be eligible for the SS Challenge Scholarship:
Be eligible to receive a federal Pell Grant by 9/15/2016
Be notified of eligibility by the UCA Financial Aid Office
The Student Success Challenge
To succeed in the SS Challenge, participants need to:
Complete all of the following no later than November 1, 2016 –
- Attend one financial literacy workshop
- See: Financial Aid Office
- Participate in one small group advising session
- Watch your UCA email for information from your academic advisor or contact your advisor for details.
- Attend one onsite academic success workshop
- Complete a tutoring appointment through Tutoring Services or the Writing Center
And complete any two of the following no later than November 1, 2016 –
- A second onsite academic success workshop
- Your Mapworks survey and student self-review
Survey available Sept. 11-26 and report available immediately after survey completion. (Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A designated ABC Program or Office of Diversity and Community Event
- A Counseling Center Group Counseling workshop or Boot Camp
Student Success Scholarship $250
To receive the scholarship for the spring term, you must:
- Be an eligible Pell Grant recipient (as determined by Financial Aid)
- Successfully complete the Challenge as outlined above
- Be enrolled at UCA for the Spring term
UCA Merchandise Awards
Students who are not Pell-eligible but who complete the Challenge will receive a UCA item from the Office of Student Success. Please email OSS at email@example.com before December 1, 2016 and say “I completed the Student Success Challenge!” Once we have verified your participation, we’ll award your UCA merchandise.
Questions about your eligiblity? Contact the UCA Financial Aid Office at 501-450-3140.
Questions about the program requirements? Contact the UCA Office of Student Success at 501-450-3125.