The Office of Institutional Diversity serves to help UCA become Arkansas’ premiere university for inclusive excellence.
Regardless of the type of shoes you wear to campus, we welcome you as part of our community. The Office of Institutional Diversity serves as a strategic catalyst for inclusive excellence within our community of faculty and student scholars, among our staff, and beyond our campus.
As you browse our site, we invite you to reference the services of this office, those of the Office of Diversity and Community, which offers outreach to historically underrepresented student populations, as well as the available diversity training and enrichment. In addition, please review the list of academic and social initiatives and support for diversity at UCA. The intention of each initiative is to foster positive individual and collective experiences.
We welcome your collaboration in promoting diversity and inclusion. For service opportunities and partnerships, please be in touch. Many thanks for visiting our site.
Angela Webster, Ph.D.
Associate Vice President for Institutional Diversity
- Collaborate with academic colleges, departments, programs, and divisions on diversity planning and implementation
- Join the efforts of academic colleges, departments, and programs for the recruitment, retention, and development of diverse faculty
- Coordinate faculty/staff affinity-resource groups
- Develop programs to increase the persistence and graduation rates for historically underrepresented students
- Direct the Academic Bridge Connection (ABC) Program
- Administer the Institutional Diversity Grant Program
- Advance the work of the Diversity Advisory Committee
- Organize the activities of the Diversity & Inclusive Excellence Award
- Publicize diversity honors and scholarly activities
- Oversee the Diversity Strategic Plan process
- Implement the minority vendor strategic plan
- Support the growth of the Black Alumni Chapter and future chapters of diverse graduates
- Manage the operation and maintenance of lactation suites
- Participate in special projects, support campus initiatives and promote inclusively
- Assess diversity initiatives that target diverse populations across the University
- Cultivate partnerships with external communities, agencies, businesses, and institutions
- Facilitate diversity enrichment seminars and services
- Enhance the diversity website
For service opportunities and partnerships, please contact
Angela Webster, Ph.D. – 501-450-3135
Darshon Anderson, Ph.D. – 501-450-3224
Nancy P. Gallavan, Ph.D. – 501-450-5497
Office of Institutional Diversity, Bernard Hall 207
University of Central Arkansas
201 Donaghey Avenue
Conway, AR 72035