The CTE maintains a specialized collection of books, articles, and videos on teaching and learning in higher education. This media collection includes videos of Starlink video conferences and the 20-Minute Mentor Series of videos from Magna.
All CTE books are listed in Torreyson Library's regular catalog. Search by topic, author or title. Contact CTE at email@example.com or 450-5240 to check out a book. You are also welcome to browse through our available selection of books at Torreyson West 319.
Following is a list of a few of the most recent titles added to our collection:
- Effective College & University Teaching: Strategies & Tactics for the New Professoriate, William Buckist
- Faculty Success Through Mentoring: A Guide for Mentors, Mentees & Leaders, Carole Bland
- Teaching Diversity: Challenges & Complexities, Identities, & Integrity, William Timpson
- Truth, Beauty, & Goodness Reframed: Educating the Virtues in the Age of Truthiness & Twitter, Howard Gardner
- What the Best College Students Do, Ken Bain
- Not Quite Adults: Why 20Somethings are Choosing a Slower Path to Adulthood, and Why It’s Good for Everyone, Richard Settersten
- Students Matter: The Reward of University Teaching, Kevin Dorsey
- Making Scientists: Six Principles for Effective College Teaching, Gregory Light
- Teaching Lab Science Courses Online: Resources for Best Practices, Tools & Technology, Linda Jeschofnig
- The Mobile Academy: mLearning for Higher Education, Clark Quinn
CTE Video List
Click this CTE Video List link to view the entire collection. The videos cover a wide variety of requested topics. This Excel file can be sorted by Subject, Producer, Title, and/or Publication date. Multiple copies and entire series exist for some topics and many feature accompanying supplemental materials. Please check the list for topics of interest. Contact the CTE at firstname.lastname@example.org or 450-5240 to check out videos of your choice. You are also welcome to browse through our available selection of videos at Torreyson West 319.
Sample Promotion and Tenure Portfolios
In addition to the above online resources for promotion and tenure, the CTE has a set of successful advancement and promotion/tenure portfolios available for viewing in the Faculty Media Library. A faculty member seeking advancement or promotion and/or tenure may look at these successful portfolios and take notes on their contents. Items in these portfolios may not be reproduced (i.e., copied, photographed, etc.) or removed from the CTE conference room. For more information, contact the CTE at 450-5240 or email@example.com.