- July: EIGHTH ANNUAL UCA/CSM SUMMER STRINGS CAMP
- August: FAULKNER CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL
EIGHTH ANNUAL UCA/CSM SUMMER STRINGS CAMP: JULY 17-23, 2016!
Strings camp flier 2016
Click here for Online 2016 Registration form!
Required Medical History Release Form 2016 (Complete & bring to Check-in)
- On campus campers: July 17-23, 2016
- Commuters: July 18-23, 2016
- Camp Director & Conductor - Mike Burkpile
- Conductor - Casey Buck
- Guest Conductor - To be announced
- Assistant Camp Director - Susan Burkepile
- Activities and Dorm Life Director - Roshell Cobb
- Additional Teachers - Dr. Stephen Feldman, Dr. Linda Hsu, Brittany Osman, others TBA
- Students create a human eighth note
- The UCA/CSM Summer Strings Camp is a comprehensive week-long program for violin, viola, cello and double bass players at the early to intermediate levels of instruction and beyond. The camp is primarily for 6th-12th grade students; students should have completed at least one year of private lessons or one year of orchestra before attending camp. On -campus campers will check into the dorm on July 17 and commuters will check in by 8am Monday, July 18. .
Activities during the day will include rehearsals and special activities, including master classes, a fiddling workshop, a Webinar with Young Orchestra Professionals, Ultimate Frisbee, Extreme Noodling and Age vs. Beauty Kickball!
Night activities will be available for both commuters and on-campus campers, and include Magic Springs, Movie Night, the Camp Dance and more!
The camp will end with a rousing and inspiring concert Saturday morning, July 23,at 10:30AM at Reynolds Performance Hall, with performances by the Bear Quintet, Grey Orchestra, Purple Orchestra and Bear Orchestra.
On Campus Campers: Register by June 30 to reserve your room in Bear Hall. Students will eat meals in Christian Cafeteria. After June 30 a $25 late registration fee will be assessed.
Regular camp hours for commuters are 8:15 am until 5 pm Monday - Friday; drop off will be at the front (south) entrance of the Snow Fine Arts Center (SFAC). On the first full day of activities, July 18, commuting students will check in between 7:15 and 8am in the lobby of SFAC. The first session will be held at 8:15am in the Recital Hall; students will then be separated into groups and given a week-long class schedule. After the first day, commuters may be dropped off between 7:30 and 8am. Rehearsals begin at 8:15am.
After June 30: Commuters $ 225 if payment made between July 1-8; On-Campus $425 if payment made between July 1-8. Deadline for registering for camp is July 8!
Students staying on campus will check in to the dorm between 5 and 6pm on July 17. Eat somewhere before check-in! Students must check out on July 23, between 12:45 and 1:30pm. Meals will be served at Christian Cafeteria, just across from the Snow Fine Arts Center.
A free Camp T-shirt is provided for campers who register by June 30 Mark your size on the registration application. Parents or siblings may order extra shirts for $10 for each additional shirt. Please include sizes needed if ordering extra, include the cost in your tuition check, and make your order by June 30.
Our camp has expanded to three orchestras! Performance groups will include the:
- Bear Quintet: Advanced students selected by conductors for work study prior to camp. They will serve as Camp Counselors.
- Bear Orchestra: High School/Advanced - Approximately Grades 9 -12 (as of Spring 2016)
- Purple Orchestra: Intermediate - Approximately Grades 6-8 (as of Spring 2016)
- Grey Orchestra: Beginner/Early Intermediate – Approximately Grades 6-7 (as of Spring 2016)
Cancellations made prior to June 30 will be refunded in the amount of the tuition paid, minus the registration fee of $25 (included in the tuition cost).
All policies and conditions of the Community School of Music are agreed upon when a registration form is completed online. For our policies please call us at 501-450-3672.
If you have any questions, contact either:
Teresa Bumgarner, CSM Assistant, 501-450-3672 - Tbumgarn@uca.edu
Or, Smokey Emerson, CSM Director, 501-428-6175 - firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 FAULKNER CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL: July 23-August 6!
UCA is honored to again host the second week of the Faulkner Chamber Music Festival. Now in its 8th year, FCMF provides an outstanding 2-week program for developing and advanced string musicians and pianists.
The study and performance of chamber music presents a unique opportunity for musicians to practice their own instruments, while interacting with other musicians and discovering some of the greatest music ever written. The goal of the FCMF is to provide an immersive musical environment for students, in which they can not only expand their knowledge of chamber music, but also deepen their musical experience as a whole.
Email Jo Preece at email@example.com for additional information, or go to http://www.faulknerchambermusicfestival.com/index.html.
Click here for the FCMF registration form.