SEVENTH ANNUAL SUMMER STRINGS CAMP: JULY 19-25, 2015!
Click here for Online 2015 Registration form!
2015 Seventh Annual CSM Summer Strings Camp
On campus campers: July 19-25, 2015
Commuters: July 20-25, 2015
Camp Director & Conductor - Mike Burkpile
Conductor - Casey Buck
Guest Conductor - To be announced
Assistant Camp Director - Susan Burkepile
Activities and Dorm Life Director - Roshell Cobb
Additional Teachers - To be announced.
- Students create a human eighth note
- The UCA Community School of Music announces a comprehensive week-long program for violin, viola, cello and double bass players at the early to intermediate levels of instruction and beyond. The camp is primarily for 6th-12th grade students; students should have completed at least one year of private lessons or one year of orchestra before attending camp. On -campus campers will check into the dorm on July 19 and commuters will check in by 8am Monday, July 20. .
Activities during the day will include rehearsals and special activities, including master classes, a fiddling workshop, a Webinar with Young Orchestra Professionals, Ultimate Frisbee, Extreme Noodling and Age vs. Beauty Kickball!
Night activities will be available for both commuters and on-campus campers, and include Wild River Country, Movie Night, the Camper Dance and more!
The camp will end with an awesome concert Saturday morning, July 25,at 10:30AM in Ida Waldran Auditorium, Main Hall (Old Main).
On Campus Campers: Register by June 30 and save $25 to reserve your room in UCA's Jefferson D. Farris Hall, residence hall for UCA's Honors College students. Students will eat meals in Christian Cafeteria.
Regular camp hours for commuters are 8:15 am until 5 pm Monday - Friday; drop off will be at the front (south) entrance of the Snow Fine Arts Center (SFAC). On the first full day of activities, July 20, commuting students will check in between 7:15 and 8am in the lobby of SFAC. The first session will be held at 8:15am in the Recital Hall; students will then be separated into groups and given a week-long class schedule. After the first day, commuters may be dropped off between 7:30 and 8am. Rehearsals begin at 8:15am.
Early Bird Discount: Commuter tuition: $ 190, or On-campus tuition $390, if payment received by June 30.
After June 30: Commuters $ 215 if payment made between July 1-16; On-Campus $415 if payment made between July 1-6.
Students staying on campus will check in to the dorm between 5 and 6pm on July 19. Eat somewhere before check-in! Students must check out on July 25, between 12:45 and 1:30pm. Meals will be served at Christian Cafeteria, just across from the Snow Fine Arts Center.
A free Camp T-shirt is provided for campers who register by June 30 Mark your size on the registration application. Parents or siblings may order extra shirts for $8 for each additional shirt. Please include sizes needed if ordering extra, include the cost in your tuition check, and make your order by June 30.
Our camp has expanded to three orchestras! Performance groups will include the:
- Bear Quintet: Advanced students selected by conductors for work study prior to camp. They will serve as Camp Counselors and receive free room and board.
- Bear Orchestra: High School/Advanced - Approximately Grades 9 -12 (as of Spring 2014)
- Purple Orchestra: Intermediate - Approximately Grades 6-8 (as of Spring 2014)
- Grey Orchestra: Beginner/Early Intermediate – Approximately Grades 6-7 (as of Spring 2015)
Cancellations made prior to July 7 will be refunded in the amount of the tuition paid, minus the registration fee of $20 (included in the tuition cost).
All policies and conditions of the Community School of Music are agreed upon when a registration form is completed and returned to us. For our policies please call us at 501-450-5755 or 501-450-3672, or visit our web site at http://uca.edu/csm/registration/ (Tuition Payment, Inclement Weather, Make-up and Refund policies).
If you have any questions, contact either:
Teresa Bumgarner, CSM Assistant, 501-450-3672 - Tbumgarn@uca.edu
Or, Jann Bryant, CSM Director, 501-450-5755 - Jannb@uca.edu
NEW CAMP!!! SUZUKI FIVE-PIANO AND CHAMBER MUSIC WORKSHOP
This camp will be held July 7-11, 2014 at UCA's Snow Fine Arts Center.
Click here to register online.
FAULKNER CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL: August 4-9, 2014! UCA will host the second week of the Faulkner Chamber Music Festival. Email Jo Preece at email@example.com, or go to www.faulknerchambermusicfestival.org for more information.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.