In Fall 2009-Spring 2010 academic year, 3 undergraduate students and 8 graduate students were involved in research. Student research resulted in 2 chalk talks, 9 posters, 9 peer-reviewed conference papers and 3 journal papers coauthored jointly with their academic advisors.
Below is a list of publications made by the students of this department during the Fall 2009-Spring 2010 academic year. Student names are displayed like this: John Doe. While faculty names are displayed below in this manner: Jane Roe.
- Chen B., Johnson M., &endash;Protein Local 3D Structure Prediction by Super Granule Support Vector Machines (Super GSVM)&endash;, BMC Bioinformatics, 10 (Suppl 11):S15, October 2009.
- Sun Y., Zhou Y., Feng Z., He Z. and Sun S., &endash;Incremental Rate Control for H.264/AVC Video Compression,&endash; The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) Image Processing, Vol.3, Issue 5, pp. 286-298, 2009. (Acceptance Rate: 25%)
- Zhou Y., Sun Y., Feng Z. and Sun S., &endash;New Rate-Distortion Modeling and Efficient Rate Control for H.264/AVC Video Coding,&endash; Elsevier Journal of Signal Processing – Image Communication, Volume 24, Issue 5, pp. 345 -356, 2009. (Acceptance Rate: 31%)
Peer-Reviewed Conference Publications
- Chen G., C. Hu, &endash;A Computational Study on Window-Size Selection in Stock Market RILS Interval Forecasting&endash;, Proceedings of 2009 World Congress on Computer Science and Information Engineering CSIE09, Vol. 2, pp. 297-301, Los Angeles, CA, April 2009. (acceptance rate 48.6%)
- Chen G., Johnson M., Marupally P., Singireddy N., Yin X., V. Paruchuri, &endash;Combating Typo-Squatting for Safer Browsing&endash;, Proc. of 5th International Symposium on Frontiers of Information Systems and Network Applications (FINA 2009), pp. 31-36, in conjunction with IEEE AINA, May 26-29, 2009, Bradford, UK.
- Kockara S., Yip V., Mete M., &endash;Balls hierarchy: Image segmentation by graph spanner&endash;, Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro, IEEE ISBI ’09, pp. 514 – 517, July 2009. (acceptance rate 17%)
- Marupally P., Paruchuri V., Chellappan S, &endash;Privacy Preserving Portable Health Record (P^3HR)&endash;, in IEEE Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Network-Based Information Systems, pp. 310 &endash; 315, August 19-21, 2009, Indianapolis, USA. (NBiS 2009, acceptance rate: 37%)
- Talley M., &endash;A Unified Discovery Service for Service Oriented Architectures&endash;, Proc. of the ALAR 2009 Conference, pp. 30-37, 2009.
- Winters T., Johnson M., Paruchuri V., “LITS: Lightweight Intelligent Traffic Simulator,” Proc. of the 1st International Workshop on Emerging Mobile Networks (EMNs), in conjunction with 12th International Conference on Network-Based Information Systems (NBiS), pp. 386-390, Aug. 2009.
- Yin X., Tian L., Stancil J. D., Sun Y, &endash;New Rate-Complexity Modeling for H.264/AVC Video Compression&endash; Proc. of the ALAR 2009 Conference, pp. 60-66, 2009.
- Yip V., Young P., Marupally P., &endash;Evaluation of Methods Used for Measuring Individual Performance on Group Projects.&endash; Proc. of the ALAR 2009 Conference, pp. 72-79, 2009.
- Zhou Y., Sun Y., Ahmad I. and Sun S., &endash;Joint Rate-Distortion Model for H.264/AVC Rate Control&endash;, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2009), Cairo, Egypt, Nov. 2009. (Acceptance Rate: 45.8%)
- Sun Y., Zhou Y., Feng Z., He Z., &endash;An Incremental Basic Unit Level QP Determination Algorithm for H.264/AVC Rate Control,&endash; Proceedings of SPIE Symposium on Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP 2009), San Jose, Jan. 2009. (Acceptance rate: ~65%)
- Tian L., Yin X., Sun Y., Sun S., &endash;Accurate Bit Prediction for Intra-Only Rate Control,&endash; Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, pp. 41-44, New York, USA, June 2009. (ICME 2009, Acceptance rate of oral presentation: 22%)
- Professional Conferences
- Chen G. and Hu C., &endash;Analyzing Stock Market Interval Data with Fourier Transformation&endash; SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, Miami, FL, March 2-6, 2009.
- Invited Presentations
- Chen G. and Hu C., &endash;A Modified Rolling Interval Least Squares Algorithm for Volatile Data Predictive Analysis&endash;, Academy of Mathematics and Systems Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, May 27, 2009
The poster symposium is time when all the undergraduate college researhers make a large poster discussing their poster. They then gather together to speak with to ask and answer questions.
|Hu C.||Chen G.||Volatile Data Predictive Analysis with Interval Methods|
|Paruchuri V.||Johnson M., Winters T.||Intelligent Traffic Lighting System|
|Chen Bernard||Johnson M.||Protein Local 3D Structure Prediction by Super Granule Support Vector Machines (SGSVMs)|
|Paruchuri V.||Marupally P. R.||P3HR: Privacy-aware Portable Personal Health Records using Smart Cards|
|Sun Y.||Stancil J. D.||Video Segmentation for Wireless Video Transmissions|
|Sun Y.||Swope M.||Research of Three-Dimensional, Virtual Reality Display Using the Nintendo Wii Remote|
|Sun Y.||Yin X., Tian L., Stancil J. D.||A New Rate-Complexity Model for H.264/AVC Video Rate Control|
|Kockara S.||Yip V.||Towards Painter Identification Using Balls Hierarchy|
|Young P.||Yip V., Marupally P. R.||Evaluation of Methods Used for Measuring Individual Performance on Group Projects|
Chalk talks occurs several times throughout the Fall and Spring semesters. They involve undergraduate student researchers giving a brief presentation informing their peers and faculty of the College what they have been researching. During the Fall 2009/Spring 2010 academic year 2 undergraduate students were involved.
|Sheng S.||Irvin L.||Search Algorithm|
|Sun Y.||Yin X.||Rate &endash; Complexity Modeling & Rate Control for H.264/AVC Video Compression|