Charge: The Student Evaluation of Teachers Committee (SET) will periodically review and update the evaluation instrument, and oversee all procedures and guidelines associated with student evaluations.
Objectives: The Student Evaluation of Teachers Committee will:
- periodically review and update a standard evaluation instrument for traditional classes
- develop and periodically review any evaluation instrument used for other types of classes (online, internship, directed study, etc.) as needed
- validate instruments through voluntary pilot testing if deemed necessary
- develop standard procedures for administration of the evaluations
- develop guidelines for use of data
- evaluate the effectiveness of the instrument, administration procedures and use of data guidelines
- openly communicate all SET committee activities to the university community
- present SET Committee work to the Faculty Senate in an annual report
- Director of Academic Assessment, who serves as chair.
- One faculty member from each of the six academic colleges to serve staggered three year terms.
- One faculty member from Honors, University College or the Library to serve a three year term.
- Four undergraduate students, appointed by SGA, for one year terms.
- A graduate student, appointed by the Dean of the Graduate School, for a one year term.
|Kurt Boniecki||Permanent||Assoc. Provst, Instructional Support, Chair|
|Mike Casey||2016||Faculty Senate Appointee - BUS|
|Alana Reid||2018||Faculty Senate Appointee - LA|
|Susan Gatto||2016||Faculty Senate Appointee - HBS|
|Stephen Feldman||2018||Faculty Senate Appointee - FAC|
|Candice Barnes||2018||Faculty Senate Appointee - ED|
|Mark Smith||2016||Faculty Senate Appointee - NSM|
|Donna Bowman (Honors)||2016||Faculty Senate Appointee - Unaffiliated|
|Stevie Massey||2016||Undergraduate Student, SGA|
|Laurie Nick||2016||Undergraduate Student, SGA|
|Jake Linna||2016||Undergraduate Student, SGA|
|Megan McAfee||2016||Undergraduate Student, SGA|
|vacant||2015||Graduate Student, Graduate Dean|
Meetings monthly September through May
Reports to Provost
Minutes to Chair of Committee on Committees
Last updated on November 11, 2015