Charge: The Student Evaluation of Teachers Committee (SET) will periodically review and update the evaluation instrument, and oversee all procedures and guidelines associated with student evaluations.
Objectives: The Student Evaluation of Teachers Committee will:
- periodically review and update a standard evaluation instrument for traditional classes
- develop and periodically review any evaluation instrument used for other types of classes (online, internship, directed study, etc.) as needed
- validate instruments through voluntary pilot testing if deemed necessary
- develop standard procedures for administration of the evaluations
- develop guidelines for use of data
- evaluate the effectiveness of the instrument, administration procedures and use of data guidelines
- openly communicate all SET committee activities to the university community
- present SET Committee work to the Faculty Senate in an annual report
- Director of Academic Assessment, who serves as chair.
- One faculty member from each of the six academic colleges to serve staggered three year terms.
- One faculty member from Honors, University College or the Library to serve a three year term.
- Four undergraduate students, appointed by SGA, for one year terms.
- A graduate student, appointed by the Dean of the Graduate School, for a one year term.
Mike Casey (BUS)
Jesse Butler (LA)
Susan Gatto (HBS)
Stephen Feldman (CFAC)
Patty Phelps (ED)
Mark Smith (NSM)
Chris Springer (Library)
Adrian Gardner (UC)
Donna Bowman (Honors)
Hunter Goodman (graduate student)
Meetings monthly September through May
Reports to Provost
Minutes to Chair of Committee on Committees
Last updated on 10/22/2012