Charge: The Student Evaluation of Teachers Committee (SET) will periodically review and update the evaluation instrument, and oversee all procedures and guidelines associated with student evaluations.
Objectives: The Student Evaluation of Teachers Committee will:
- periodically review and update a standard evaluation instrument for traditional classes
- develop and periodically review any evaluation instrument used for other types of classes (online, internship, directed study, etc.) as needed
- validate instruments through voluntary pilot testing if deemed necessary
- develop standard procedures for administration of the evaluations
- develop guidelines for use of data
- evaluate the effectiveness of the instrument, administration procedures and use of data guidelines
- openly communicate all SET committee activities to the university community
- present SET Committee work to the Faculty Senate in an annual report
- Director of Academic Assessment, who serves as chair.
- One faculty member from each of the six academic colleges to serve staggered three year terms.
- One faculty member from Honors, University College or the Library to serve a three year term.
- Four undergraduate students, appointed by SGA, for one year terms.
- A graduate student, appointed by the Dean of the Graduate School, for a one year term.
|Brandon Combs||Permanent||Director of Assessment, Chair|
|Jeff Hill||2019||Faculty Senate Appointee COB|
|Alana Reid||2018||Faculty Senate Appointee CLA|
|Mary Ann Campbell||2019||Faculty Senate Appointee CHBS|
|Stephen Feldman||2018||Faculty Senate Appointee CFAC|
|Candice Barnes||2018||Faculty Senate Appointee COE|
|Calin Marian||2019||Faculty Senate Appointee CSNM|
|Donna Bowman (Honors)||2019||Faculty Senate Appointee – Unaffiliated|
|Bailey Black||2017||Undergraduate Student, SGA|
|Gene Austin||2017||Undergraduate Student, SGA|
|Chelsea Shivers||2017||Undergraduate Student, SGA|
|Megan McAfee||2017||Undergraduate Student, SGA|
|Christian Robinson||2017||Graduate Student, Graduate Dean|
Meetings monthly September through May
Reports to Provost
Minutes to Chair of Committee on Committees
Last updated on November 11, 2015