- To review the current general education program and make appropriate recommendations to the Council of Deans.
- To review and recommend to the Council of Deans new and revised general education curricula proposed by the various departments and colleges.
- To initiate and recommend policies and procedures relevant to general education requirements.
Annual Report and Presentation:
The Faculty Senate requests that this committee provide a written report to the Faculty Senate by October 1 of each year. This report should summarize the body´s activities during the prior year, provide appropriate statistics and data, and outline long-range planning for the following year. This report should be approved by the membership of the committee. The chair of this committee shall contact the President of the Faculty Senate to schedule a presentation to the full Senate by this same date.
- Six full-time faculty serve as general education representatives elected by all full-time faculty from among faculty who have taught in the general education program within the last two years. No more than one representative from each department or general education area may serve.
- Six tenured or tenure-track faculty serve as college representatives. The full-time faculty within each of the six colleges elect a representative.
- Two students are invited to serve on the council representing the Student Government Association.
- The following serve as ex-officio, non-voting members
(1) Associate Provost designated by the Provost
(2) Director of the Library (or designee)
The director of the General Education Program serves as the chair of the General Education Council. The council elects its secretary. Each council member serves three years on a rotating basis for each of the first two categories.
Conrad Shumaker Director of General Education Permanent
Kurt Boniecki Associate Provost Permanent
General Education Representatives
Katelyn Knox World Languages 2015
VACANT Philosophy and Religion
Lorien Foot History 2015
VACANT Political Science
VACANT University College
Susan Gatto HBS 2015
Carey Smitherman FAC 2015
Charles Watson NSM 2015
Renee Le Beau-Ford Torreyson Library Director or Designee Permanent
Wendy Castro Director of Assessment Permanent
Meetings: X-period the first Tuesday of each month. On all other times as needed.
Reports to: Provost
Send minutes to: Chair of the Committee on Committees