Love Math and Science? Teach it!
Math or science majors who are interested in adding an extra career option to their degree! The degree plans for STEMteach candidates provide the same rigorous preparation for graduate or medical schools and do not take any longer to complete than the non-teaching degree option. Interested in trying teaching? Earn a "C" or better in "Step 1" and receive tuition reimbursement for this course!
Take "Step 1" in the Fall or Spring Semester.
Click here to be contacted on how to get started with STEMteach.
What is STEMteach?
UCA STEMteach is a science and mathematics preparation program that models the UTeach program, which began at the University of Texas in 1997. The program is unique in its early, intensive field experiences for teacher candidates, the use of Master Teachers as instructors, and the development of teacher candidates’ contentknowledge and effective teaching strategies. Program faculty and master teachers will even continue to support candidates after graduation during the earliest, most difficult years of teaching.
What are the benefits of STEMteach?
- Earn your Bachelor of Science degree with teacher licensure within 4 years.
- Additional career options after graduation.
- Direct access to master teachers with extensive mathematics and science teaching backgrounds.
- Teaching experience that begins the very first semester of the program.
- Paid internship opportunities.
- The chance to share with the next generation your enthusiasm and knowledge of mathematics and science!
Click here for more information about STEMteach.
Click here for more information about STEMteach courses.
Click here for STEMteach Staff information.