College of Natural Sciences & Mathematics
2015 CNSM Boot Camp
The CNSM Boot Camp is designed to help students make the transition to the expectations of college prior to the start of the fall semester. It will help with the transition to college course work, learn skills for how to study for science courses, and take the stress out of the first semester.
Life Science (Biology)
Physical Science (Chemistry & Physics)
Dates: August 12 - 15, 2015
Time: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
CNSM Boot Camp Objectives:
Learn effective study habits for science/math courses
- Participate in at least one science lab
- Experience a science/math lecture
- Complete a team exercise to learn how to work together
- Take a science/math test
- Learn how to write lab reports
- Learn what online resources can be used to study science/math courses
- Evaluate your science/math test taking skills
- Learn how the writing center can help
Instructors will lecture, incorporate at least one lab, one team exercise, a test and an evaluation of the test with the students to see their mistakes and learn how to better prepare for science courses.
Quotes from 2014 Attendees:
"Allowed for me to get an idea of how science lectures would be like during college."
"The science labs were awesome! Being able to experience the labs before actual classes start helped me feel better about starting real labs."
"I honestly was getting very excited during this lecture."
"These are the kinds of events that students in the science departments need to hear."
For more information contact:
Birdie Eubank - email@example.com - 501-450-5971