UCA Foundation Scholarships
CDI Central is proud to announce the availability of three scholarships from UCA Foundation funds:
- One scholarship will be available from the Bill Miller Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Two scholarships will be available from the Pay-it-Forward Fund, made possible by past Year 3 class donations. Preference will be given to returning Year 2 and Year 3 participants.
These scholarships are a great opportunity to off-set some of the costs of attending the institute, particularly for those professionals who may not be able to attend without assistance.
Interested applicants can complete one application to be eligible for all three scholarships. Click here for the UCA Scholarship Application2013. The deadline for applications is Friday, May 31, 2013.
Scholarships cover the cost of CDI registration fees, and do not cover other expenses, such as travel or lodging.
Arkansas Community Development Society Scholarship
The Arkansas Community Development Society will provide a scholarship for one CDI 2013 participant. Click here for the ACDS 2013 CDI scholarship. The deadline for the scholarship is May 31, 2013.
The Arkansas Community Development Society is an educational nonprofit organization whose purpose is to advance community development and the community development profession by:
• Providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and the development of common interest among the members of the Chapter,
• Providing for the publication and dissemination of community development information to members of the public,
• Advocating excellence in community development scholarship research and practice for the good of mankind, and
• Promoting citizen participation as essential to effective community development
Arts Administrator Scholarship
The Arts Administrator Scholarship is intended to empower a director of a not-for-profit arts organization to learn community development skills they will utilize to raise awareness of the impact of the creative economy in their community. The scholarship applicant will be an executive staff or board member with a significant knowledge of and commitment to the arts and their community. A three year scholarship and a one year scholarship are available. Application implies commitment to attend all sessions of the Community Development Institute. Click here for the Art Scholarship Application2013. The deadline for applications will be May 31, 2013.