CCED has facilitated several projects since its formation in 2007. Since that time, training, research, and leadership capacity building have been key pieces of the university’s community development outreach initiatives. Recent projects have supported Governor Beebe’s call for Arkansas counties to assess themselves and complete a community plan for development.
Past projects include:
- Desha County, Arkansas—facilitated the DeshaForward county-level strategic planning process in 2008-2009. This project included the Connect Arkansas e-Community pilot program.
- Faulkner County, Arkansas—In partnership with Connect Arkansas, helped lead the Connect Faulkner County e-Community pilot during 2008-2009.
- White County, Arkansas—facilitated the Advancing White County county-level strategic planning process in 2009-2010.
- EAST Economic Impact Analysis—conducted research with EAST facilitators in Arkansas to determine the approximate community and economic development impact of student projects on the State of Arkansas.
- Training session with the Young Non-Profit Professionals Network, click here for video.