CCED has facilitated several projects since its formation in 2007. Since that time, training, research, and leadership capacity building have been key pieces of the university’s community development outreach initiatives. Recent projects have supported Governor Beebe’s call for Arkansas counties to assess themselves and complete a community plan for development.
Past projects include:
- Desha County, Arkansas—facilitated the DeshaForward county-level strategic planning process in 2008-2009. This project included the Connect Arkansas e-Community pilot program.
- Faulkner County, Arkansas—In partnership with Connect Arkansas, helped lead the Connect Faulkner County e-Community pilot during 2008-2009.
- White County, Arkansas—facilitated the Advancing White County county-level strategic planning process in 2009-2010.
- EAST Economic Impact Analysis—conducted research with EAST facilitators in Arkansas to determine the approximate community and economic development impact of student projects on the State of Arkansas.
- Training session with the Young Non-Profit Professionals Network, click here for video.
- Community Coaching in Prairie County for the Moving Prairie County Forward project. Click here for the Moving Prairie County Forward Summary.
- CCED helped form a Steering Committee to plan a vision for Prairie County’s future
- Steering Committee with the help of CCED developed a survey to gather the thoughts of county residents related to the county’s future. The survey asked information regarding views of the future, perception of county assets, and what priorities should be for the county’s efforts. 114 surveys were collected.
- CCED assisted as facilitators in holding a public forum to discuss survey results and hold breakout sessions for additional ideas and comments
- Training sessions were held during summer 2012.
- Link to MPCF Facebook page
- Worked with Arkansas Community Action Agencies Association (ACAAA) to provide a training session of ACAAA’s Annual Conference to reach a statewide group of nonprofits to address nonprofit organizational culture and provide effective strategies to improve nonprofit performance.
- Partnership with Arkansas Coalition for Excellence (now Arkansas Nonprofit Alliance) to provide nonprofit board training seminars.