Follow the instructions provided to apply for the following part-time and work-study positions. If you wish to post a position on this website, please call 450-3134.
Job Title: Temporary hire for Fall Fairs
Pay: $9 per hour
Must be able to lift 50 - 100 pounds
- Attention to detail
- As assigned
How to Apply: Apply in person at Career Services, Bernard Hall room 311 on or before Monday, October 27, 2014 between 8am - 4:30pm. You can also email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday, October 27, 2014
Job Title: Sales Internship or part-time job
Job Location: 4 in Conway, 6-8 in Little Rock and West Little Rock
Pay: $10/hour or commission (whichever is greater)
- Currently enrolled in college courses
- 2.5+ cumulative GPA
Duties: If you're in school and want more than a part-time job, you should consider FFO Home! We're looking for sharp students who are willing to earn while they learn great business skills. With paid internship positions at every FFO Home location, we offer flexible schedules and a high energy work environment that will help prepare you for what lies ahead. Who knows! We may end up as the next step in building your future!
How to Apply: Send resume to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact UCA’s Cooperative Education office for resume assistance by calling 450-3250 or by emailing email@example.com with your major and mentioning this specific opportunity. Expires December 31, 2014.
Law Offices of Alan LeVar
Job Title: Marketing Intern
Job Location: Conway
Pay: $12.50/hour or more depending upon experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Strong attention to detail
- Majoring in Management, Marketing, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Kinesiology, Psychology, English, Writing, or Public Relations
- Graduating between May 2015 and May 2016 with a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5+
Duties: We are seeking a part-time intern to assist and support our marketing efforts in social media, seo and our other channels.
- Assist with social media engagement
- Draft and edit copy for marketing channels
- Monitor social media and web analytics
- Engage with attorneys and staff to brainstorm ideas for new campaigns
- Gather data for marketing reports
- Assist with new client intake
How to Apply: Email your resume to Alan@levarlaw.com by November 10, 2014. Contact UCA’s Cooperative Education office for resume assistance by calling 450-3250 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your major and mentioning this specific opportunity. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bath & Body Works
Location: Bath & Body Works, 1631 Conway Town Center Conway, AR 72032
Job Title: Holiday employee's
Pay: Minimum Wage
No experience required
- As assigned
How to Apply: Apply in person to pick up an application
Location: Conway, AR
Job Title: P/T Social Networking Manager
Should be passionate about working with and connecting people, and just socializing in general.
- Candidate should also enjoy being active on social media.
- Position is Part-Time with a flexible schedule
- The primary roll will be to talk to people signing up for the service via social media and connect them to the appropriate people.
How to Apply: Email your resume to email@example.com and include a phone number where the candidate can be reached. LinkedIn is used pretty regularly at MarketVase, please include your "LinkedIn account". If you don't have LinkedIn, send a like to another active social media account that you use.
Microtel Inn & Suites
Location: 2475 Sanders Street Conway, AR 72032
Job Title: House Keeping
Pay: $7.50 per hour
No experience required
- Cleaning rooms & public spaces
How to Apply: Apply in person at location
Job Title: Developer Intern
Pay: $15/hour, 20 hours per week in minimum of 4-hour blocks of time, in West Little Rock office
Required Skills: Experience with Java solutions or Microsoft .Net solutions in C# or VB.Net. Experience with SQL queries on database platforms such as MySQL, Oracle, or Microsoft SQL Server. HTML and Internet Programming experience. Experience with reporting design and structure in Microsoft Reporting Services, Crystal Reports or Business Objects. Ability to multi-task and work within time constraints. Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- No degree is required but must be enrolled in a Computer Science, Information Systems, or a technically equivalent undergraduate degree program at an accredited university.
- No prior experience is required.
- Curriculum based on Object Oriented Programming with experience in Microsoft .NET, Databases and Internet Programming; more consideration may be given to post graduate candidates with undergraduate degrees in Computer Science or a technically equivalent program.
- IT related experience in a work study program.
• Develops or maintains applications and reports.
• Assists in the planning and implementation of applications and reports.
• Designs applications and reports.
• Maintains developed code in revision code repository.
• Works on personal development. May perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants, please apply online at: https://www.usablelife.com/careers for requisition #210660-959
Closes November 10, 2014, or when filled. Apply NOW! Contact Sala Dioffo in the UCA Cooperative Education office for assistance with your resume (SDioffo@uca.edu, 450-3250).
Job Location: Bentonville, Arkansas, and other locations
Job Title: 2015 Summer Interns
Pay: Pay rate varies
Requirements: Vary by positon
Duties: Vary by position, but these are a few of the areas available…
Accounting & Finance
Shows & Events
MBA Strategy & Finance
Global Customer Insights & Analytics
Continuous Improvement GSS
Global Shared Services
How to Apply: Visit jobs.walmart.com and type “2015 Summer Intern” in the search terms box and start applying. Deadline: November 15, 2014. For assistance with your resume, call 450-3250.
Therapy & Rehab Solutions
Job Location: Conway, Arkansas
Job Title: Underwriting Interns
Pay: $8/hour, 15 hours per week for 8 weeks
- Majoring in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Management, Marketing, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Public Relations, Communications, or Health Administration
- 2.7+ cumulative GPA
- Graduating between December 2014 and December 2016
Duties: Under the mentorship and supervision of the Director of Marketing and Business Development and the Director of Accounting and Human Resources, the intern will learn and perform the following:
- Assist in projects as needed within Marketing and Human Resources departments
- Develop and maintain databases
- Design and update company intranet
- Help organize company events, lunches and health fairs
- Create and submit order to vendors
- Record and update referral sources on a monthly basis
- Assist in coordinating various marketing methods
- Create and update new personnel files
- Assist in new employee orientation process
- Monthly statistical reporting
How to Apply: Follow the instructions at http://www.uca.edu/career/interfase to submit your resume and select an interview time in their November 20 campus interview schedule. Guaranteed interviews to first 13 to apply. Closes November 15, 2014. Call 450-3250 for assistance.
Location: Conway, Arkansas
Job Title: Agent Intern Marketing Specialist
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA in your major
- Graduating between May 2015 and May 2016 with a bachelor’s or graduate degree
Duties: Work Term: 1/2/2015 to 5/1/2015
As the Agent Intern and Marketing Specialist, the job duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Help to create social media presence with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Outbound calls to current customers and cold calls to fact find and help with sales production
- Community events, where you will be in charge of involving the agency, manage contacts, help to create follow up
- Participate in team meetings where you will have ideas on how to grow production and retain current customer base, as well as, any input on how to team build and create work environment where that is efficient yet fun.
- Be able to create any computer programs that might help with goal setting and production
- Reach out to community and centers of influence to help create visibility for agency
How to Apply: Follow the instructions at http://www.uca.edu/career/interfase to submit your resume and select your interview time in November 13 campus interview schedule. Guaranteed interview to first 13 to apply. Deadline to apply: November 8. Contact 450-3250 for assistance.
Quality Child Care Inc.
Location: 790 E. German Lane, Conway, AR 72032
Job Title: Teacher Support Staff
Pay: $7.25 per hour
Must be able to pass backgrounf checks
- Willing to follow all minimum licensing
- Candidate must be friendly, reliable, and energetic
Duties: As Assigned
How to Apply: Those that are infterested, please email a resume to Melissa Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in person.
Stone Ward Camp Reality
Job Title: Summer 2015 Advertising Internships
Pay: $2800 stipend
- Juniors and seniors passionate about advertising with the talent to back it up—writing, strategy, media and design.
Duties: Work directly with professional mentors as part of a team of interns on a specific project for the summer. See website for work samples of previous teams.
How to Apply: Apply online at www.stoneward.com/internships, submitting samples of your work. Deadline to apply: January 15, 2015. Contact UCA’s Cooperative Education office for assistance with your resume.
Job Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Job Title: Intern in one of the following departments: Customer Service, Collections, Remarketing, Bankruptcy, Compliance, Learning & Development, or Analytics
- Demonstrates a background and/or strong interest in business-related discipline
- A rising Junior or Senior in a full-time undergraduate program (graduating by December 2016)
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidates should reside in a commutable distance from the Ally location to which they are assigned.
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company.
Duties: Your internship with Ally will move you from Educated to Experienced, connecting you with diverse teams and functions across the country. You will have the opportunity to interact with Ally’s leadership and learn from their personal successes. The Ally internship program seeks to guide and mentor students with development opportunities designed to provide a bridge between the academic world and the world of business.
Internship Program Components:
- Market competitive compensation
- Formal company orientation and training
- Executive speaking series
- Experienced mentors
- Hands on experience
- Project based work
- Leadership and career development
- Networking opportunities
- Intern project assignment which provides hands on experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Presentation of project outcome to peers and Senior Leadership
- Other Operational support duties may include: customer support, control testing, analysis, reporting, etc.
- Communicate regularly with mentors
How to Apply: Submit your resume by email to Mary McKenzie at email@example.com as quickly as possible. Some offers will be made by November 4. For assistance with your resume, contact the UCA Cooperative Education office at 450-3250. Deadline to apply: October 31, 2014.
Job Title: Appointment Setters
Pay: $8 per hour
Must be able to work Monday through Friday 4pm - 9pm and Saturday from 10am - 2pm
- Using the phone to set up appointments
How to Apply: Call Jim Slagle at: 501.513.9400. Deadline to apply October 20, 2014.
Job Title: Delivery Analyst Intern
Pay: $15 per hour
- Current college student pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems
- Student must be graduating between May 2015 and May 2017 and have a cumulative GPA of 2.75+
- Technical skills and aptitude
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrates PACT - Passion, Accountability, Creativity and Teamwork (foundation of Acxiom's culture)
- SQL and knowledge of other local languages will set you apart
Assist in the delivery of data, data products, and information that drive our client's multi-channel marketing capabilities. The Intern will understand the details of our client’s data and Acxiom's products to ensure that our clients and / or third party vendors receive clean, enhanced, segmented, ready-to-market data. Delivery Analyst interns strive daily to improve quality, and adhere to standard processes and procedures. The Intern works with clients and / or third-party vendors to begin to understand requirements and escalate issues with a focus on maintaining a seamless process flow. The Intern will analyze, troubleshoot and modify/change processes and data to ensure efficient delivery of services to Acxiom clients. Maintains a broad understanding of Acxiom's processing and product capabilities and utilizes that understanding to optimize delivery of services.
What you will do:
- Strive daily to improve quality, and adhere to standard processes and procedures
- Work with clients and / or third-party vendors to begin to understand requirements and escalate issues with a focus on maintaining a seamless process flow
- Analyze, troubleshoots and modifies/changes processes and data to ensure efficient delivery of services to Acxiom clients
- Maintain a broad understanding of Acxiom's processing and product capabilities and utilizes that understanding to optimize delivery of services
How to Apply: Contact UCA’s Cooperative Education office at 450-3250 to get your resume reviewed before applying online at http://www.acxiom.com/about-acxiom/careers for job #34292 or #34293. Deadline to apply: December 8, 2014.
Job Title: Bartender
Pay: $4 per hour +tips
Must be 21 years or older
- Experienced bartender
- Must have bartender license
- Must be able to work 4pm -2am, Friday-Sunday
- Tending a bar
- Customer relations
- Money management
How to Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Technology Sales
Pay: $7.25 + commission
The ability to sell products
- Customer Service
- Selling computers, printers, and all technoly products
- Stocking shelves
- Ensure displays are in working order
How to Apply: Apply online at: www.officedepot.com
Job Title: Business Development Intern
Pay: Per document submitted
Social, energetic, and outgoing
Interested in business, communications, technology, and or entrepreneurship
Involved with multiple groups on campus (a position of leadership is a huge plus!)
Experts in social media tools like Facebook and Twitter
Well spoken, outgoing, creative, and confident
All applicants must be current students.
- Prepare and give presentations on the Knowledge Drive.
- Organize and manage group challenge events to gain support for the cause.
- Brainstorm ideas with the Knowledge Drive team ways to effectively reach the community.
- Discuss progress of internship with Director of Campus Programs during weekly follow-up calls.
- Collect and submit (ideally by scanning) desired course documents.
How to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Verizon Health & Wellness Center
Job Title: Spring 2015 Wellness Intern
Pay: $11 per hour
- Current college student pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or a health related field
- Student must be at the junior level and above with a cumulative GPA of 2.5+
- CPR, First Aid & AED Certification required.
This position is responsible for supporting the overall direction and development of the Health and Wellness programs for employees at Verizon. Interns will:
- Support the facilitation of fitness assessments (including health history, height, weight, circumference measurements, body composition, heart rate, blood pressure, submax testing, flexibility testing through the use of a sit and reach test, and muscular strength and endurance tests utilizing push-up and sit-up protocols).
- Conduct equipment orientations including both cardiovascular equipment and resistance equipment.
- Provide one-on-one training, nutritional advice and exercise prescriptions.
- Help ensure a safe and clean facility by checking equipment, addressing and correcting malfunctions and maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies.
- Chart member attendance and progress.
- Support the development of incentive programs and motivation programs.
- Assist with health promotion activities including seminars, lectures and workshops on a variety of health and wellness topics including nutritional topics, time and stress management and relaxation techniques.
- Assist with other fitness center programs that could include: flu shots, wellness massages, health screenings, fitness events, blood drives, body composition and blood pressure checks, charitable events.
How to Apply: Please send the following information to Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2014:
- Cover Letter that states:
- Starting date
- How many credits your University grants you for the internship
- How many total hours you must complete
- How many hours per week you can work
- Please confirm that you have reliable transportation and can work hours within the range from 5:30am to 7:00pm
Contact UCA’s Cooperative Education Office for assistance at 450-3250.
UCA Campus Recreation
Job Title: Work Study
Pay: $7.25 per hour
- Mountain bike trail riding, basic bicycle upkeep and repair, laws for bicycle use, canoeing/kayaking experience, watercraft/waterway laws of use, hiking/camping experience, knowledge of state and national parks, campsite preparation, animal/plant identification, outdoor navigation, first aid and CPR, knowledge in Microsoft Office, instructional training, and supervisor experience.
- Able to Work 20 hours per week
- 1501 (Institutional Work Study)
- Equipment inventory and accountability,equipment check-out and turn-in, equipment serviceability and cleaning, instructionaltraining of equipment and activities, trip and/or activities guides, and other duties as needed.
How to Apply: Apply in person at the Campus Recreation Administrative office for an application. The office is located in the basement of the Student Center, room 11.
Job Title: Part-Time employment
Pay: $8 -$10 per hour
Must be upbeat
- Show upmost customer service
- Ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills
- Must have a resume
- This position will include cleaning and light office work. Must be available to work during the weekend.
- Cleaning: Whiping down and dusting exercise equipment, mopping/dusting floors, cleaning bathrooms
- Office work: Answering phone, scheduling appointments, giving tours of facility.
How to Apply: Apply in person at: 2501 Dave Ward Dr, Conway, AR 72034
Vacation Tour & Travel
Job Title: Vacation Coordinator
Pay: $9 per hour + commission + bonuses
No experience required, will train
- Booking exciting vacation packages over the phone
How to Apply: Apply in person at: 225 Tilk Road, Conway AR, 72032
Job Title: Children's Ministry Director
Pay: $12 per hour
The Children’s Ministry Director will lead and manage Mosaic Church - Conway Campus’ MoKids efforts
to reach and disciple children, infant- 12th grade. This job is part-time,requiring 10 hours per week. A typical workweek includes Sunday mornings and oneevening meeting per month, plus other office hours as
determined with the pastor.
Salary is determined based on education, experience and other qualifications.
- Stay connected to the church body by attending celebration services weekly andthrough other connection points (small groups, service opportunities, etc.)
- Attend staff meetings as determined by supervisor
- Develop additional classrooms and programs as needed
- Provide a brief, monthly report to supervisor about MoKids ministries
- Maintain education of techniques that reach today’s grade school children
- Recruit, equip, and lead a diverse team of volunteers to serve in Mokids
- Appreciate, encourage and connect with volunteers regularly
- Partner with the MoKids Volunteer Coordinator Team to manage classrooms
- Provide connecting opportunities for families through field trips, fundraisers, etc.
- Provide opportunities for spiritual growth in the lives of grade school children,especially through Sunday morning and ongoing weekly programming,including but not limited to these efforts:
- Select or develop and implement curriculum and programming.
- Large group lessons for weekly MoKids services
- Opportunities for worship through singing for MoKids children
- Produce engaging themes and décor, as necessary.
- Maintain a schedule of volunteers
- Implement missions-minded experiences for MoKids.
How to Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Job Title: Crew Member
Must be energetic
- Must have the willingness to learn
- Must have a cheerful attitude
- As assigned
How to Apply: Email us to request an application online at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be scheduled on Friday, Oct. 10, 2014 & Saturday, October 11, 2014
Prime Care Medical Clinic
Job Title: Medical Receptionist
- Part-time and full-time positions
- Flexible Hours
- Must be available to work some weekends
- Must be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Apply on-line or in-person
- Please submit a complete application along with your resume
- All applicants will be considered, please do not call the clinic to check the status of your application
How to Apply: Apply be going to the website at: www.pcmc-ar.com
Job Title: Multiple Positions
Pay: Varies by position
- As Assigned
How to Apply: Apply by going to http://apple.com/jobs/us/retail
C. H. Robinson (Little Rock)
Job Title: Summer 2015 Interns
Pay: $10.00/hour, full-time
- 3.0+ GPA
- Graduating between August 2015 and May 2016
- International students may apply, but “preference will go to students who have U.S. work authorization and will not need future sponsorship. This is because our internship is designed to find high caliber talent who could potentially move into full-time roles with us upon graduation. At this time we are unable to consider sponsorship for a majority of our entry-level roles, as they do not meet the government standard for sponsorship.”
- All Majors (open to all majors, but business majors (especially those with a Supply Chain emphasis) and Communications majors are an especially good fit)
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Competitive personality
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to challenge of helping others
Description & Duties: Intern in the logistics and transportation industry with a Fortune 500 global company! Recognized as Fortune's 'World’s Most Admired Company' and Business Week's 'Best Place to Launch a Career', C.H. Robinson works globally and innovates daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. Our internship program is the first step in achieving the career of your dreams.
Right now, we are seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals for our Internship Program. This world class internship will expose you to multiple facets of the logistics and transportation industry while offering extensive learning and training opportunities (closely aligned with our full-time, entry level positions) to enhance your potential. Interns also participate in a team project and competition with other interns to highlight your creativity and expand relationships. These projects will have a direct impact on the business and your team will have the opportunity to present your ideas to senior business leaders. Special recognition will be given to the top rated projects.
Get exposure to:
- Sales and Negotiation Techniques
- Logistic Management and Transport Economics from a 3rd Party Perspective
- Supply Chain Information Systems
- Carrier Management
- Distribution Patterns, Tracking, and Tracing
- Job Requirements
How to Apply: Get tips to improve your resume BEFORE applying online by contacting Martin Vernon at MartinV@uca.edu or 450-3250. Apply online at www.chrobinson.com/careers, closes October 15, 2014, or when filled.
Job Title: Cook
Pay: $7.25 and up
Duties: Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, and other hot food products as well as
prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and
final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
• Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry vegetables, and other food items
for cooking in ovens, and grills and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills,
pasta machines, sauté burners, convections ovens, flat top range and refrigeration.
• Prepares item for broiling, grilling, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering,
breading, seasoning, and or marinating.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Handles, stores, and rotates products properly.
• Assists in food preparation assignments during off peak periods as needed.
• Closes kitchen properly and follows closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the kitchen manager or owner.
How to apply: at location - 2235 Dave Ward Drive
LaQuinta Inn and Suites
Pay: $7.25 per hour
Check guests in/out
Give directions to hotel, local areas
Take telephone reservations
Greet and welcome guests
Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
Manages and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
Processes guest check-outs and handles monetary transactions.
Maintains customers' privacy.
Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
Can stand for long periods of time
Provide every guest with a personal, exceptional experience
Uphold hotel policies and procedures
Ability to multitask
- As Assigned
How to Apply: Email your resume to: email@example.com, or call 501.328.5100
Arkansas Property Brokers
Job Title: Marketing Assistant and Receptionist
Pay: $8-$10 per hour
Proficient in Excel, Word, Works, and Mac Software
- Enter new listings
- Maintain listings
- Implement marketing programs
- set up print ads
- Coordinate Approximately special projects
- Handle incoming emails and phone calls
How to Apply: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org