When answering and asking questions during an interview, try to display knowledge about the company/business by researching and gathering information on the following:
- Major product/ service
- Structure (for major business functions)
- Industry niche
- Future direction
- Ownership alliances
- Number of employees
- Corporate culture ( e.g. family)
- Career opportunities available
- Contact information (follow-up letter)
Questions to answer about the company through networking:
- What are the organization's major competitors?
- What are the organization's strong and weak points?
- What kind of people succeed in this company?
- With whom should I network?
- What other sources of information should I consult?
Sites like Glassdoor can provide you with employee reviews, salaries, and interview questions to expect.