UCA Human Resources Contact Information
There are two pay cycles for student employees; the 1st– 15th is paid on the last business day of the month. The 16th– last business day of the month is paid on the 15th of the following month. For example, hours worked from 1/01/13 to 1/15/13 are paid on 1/31/13. The next pay cycle begins on the 16th of the month and ends on the last business day of the month. For example, hours worked from 1/15/13 to 1/31/13 are paid on 2/15/13.
When to Enter Hours Worked
Hours worked should be entered on a daily basis. This way time is kept up with correctly and time sheets can be submitted in a timely manner.
Electronic time sheets must be submitted to your time sheet approver by the end of day on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Web Time Entry – How To
1. Using your Internet browser, go to the UCA website at http://uca.edu and select MyUCA
2. Login using your USER ID and password. Click LOGIN. If you need assistance with your user ID or password, please call the IT Help Desk at 450-3107.
3. Click the tab labeled SELF SERVICE.
4. From the Main Menu select “Employee”.
5. From the Employee Menu select “Time Sheet”.
If you have more than one job, then select which time sheet you want to work with.
6. Select the time period you wish to view from the drop-down menu. Click on “Time Sheet”.
7. Click on “Enter Hours” on the date you worked.
If this position is a federal community service (1505) work-study position, be sure to enter your hours on the Community Service Work-Study line.
8. Enter times in and out in the correct format (e.g. “8:00”). Ensure that the “AM/PM” indicator is correct on each entry.
The process for converting minutes to fractional parts of an hour is shown below:
1 to 6 minutes =:00 (top of current hour)
7 to 21 minutes =:15
22 to 36 minutes =:30
37 to 52 minutes =:45
53 to 59 minutes =:00 (top of next hour)
9. **SAVE** each day before moving on to the next day.
10. Click on “Next Day” to enter your time day by day.
11. To continue to the next week, click on “Time Sheet” to get back to the main screen, and then click on “Next” to continue to the next available payroll week.
12. Entering comments on your timesheet is optional. If you need to make a comment to your supervisor concerning your time sheet, click on the “Comment” tab and type your message in the space provided. Click the “Save” tab after you have completed your comment. Click the “Previous Menu” tab to return to your time sheet.
13. Submission of your time sheet for approval:
- Preview your time sheet prior to submission by clicking “Preview”.
- If needed, print a copy from this view by choosing the print icon on your internet browser. Be sure to print in
- Landscape Mode. Return to main time sheet view by clicking on “Previous Menu.”
- Do Not Submit your Timesheet until Time Entry is complete for that pay period. Once hours have been submitted they cannot be changed.
- In order to be paid on payday, you must submit your time sheet by the end of the day on the 1st of the month for the pay period 16th– end of the month and the 16th of the month for the pay period 1st– 15th of the month. If you submit after this deadline, please contact your time sheet approver to let them know about the late submission.
- When you have verified the hours are correct for the entire pay period, click “Submit for Approval”.
14. After selecting the “Submit for Approval” button a new screen will appear titled “Certification.” Enter your PIN (a.k.a. your password) and click “Submit”. This is your electronic signature. If the “Certification” screen does not appear, then you are not actually submitting your time. Log out, log back in and please try again. The system will flash a message when you have submitted successfully.
15. Check back to ensure that your time sheet was approved. Notify your supervisor immediately if your time sheet has not been approved.
Time Sheet Indicators
|Not Started||No entry has been done on the time sheet.|
|In Progress||Your time sheet has NOT been submitted to your supervisor for approval.|
|Pending||Your time sheet HAS been properly submitted and is awaiting approval.|
|Error||There is a problem with your time sheet and it cannot be properly submitted or approved.|
|Return for Correction||Your time sheet was properly submitted, but your approver found an error on it - fix the error and resubmit.|
|Approved||Your time sheet is approved and is awaiting payment action.|
|Complete Override||Payment action has been taken on the time sheet.|
16. Returned for correction: If a time sheet needs corrections, your supervisor can return it to you through self-service using the “Returned for correction” feature. Your supervisor is responsible for notifying you either verbally or through e-mail that your time sheet is being returned. There is no online notification within Employee Self Service that your time sheet has been returned for correction.
Why don’t I have an Employee section when I log into Banner Self Service?
You have not been set up as an employee on the payroll system yet. Please ask your supervisor if the student employment paperwork has been submitted for you.
Why can’t I access my time sheet?
You don’t have a job set-up on the system yet. Or, there is an issue with the approval set-up in the system. Your supervisor will need to contact HR to resolve the issue.
Why can’t I submit my time sheet?
There is an error on the time sheet such as overlapping hours. Please print a copy and take a closer look to catch the error. Or, you are attempting to submit your time sheet after the pay period has been closed. You will need to print and submit a paper copy of the time sheet to your supervisor for signature then bring the signed time sheet to Human Resources.
- If you file “Exempt” on your W-4, you must renew this status each year by February 15th.
- If you are an international employee, you must renew the CONRA form every year by January 10th.
Enrollment Requirement for Student Employees
Student employees must be enrolled for 6 credits undergraduate or 5 credits graduate for 3 of the 4 terms during the year in order to be eligible for a student position on campus.
Student Employee Work Hour Restrictions
- No more than 20 hours per week
- International employees in the US on an F-1 visa are restricted by federal law to no more than 20 hours per week when school is in session.
International Employees – If you are from a country with a treaty with the United States and you are eligible under the provisions of the treaty then you can apply for treaty benefits through payroll. To do this, please fill out the CONRA form and treaty documents by January 10th of each tax year.
Direct Deposit – You may elect to have your paychecks deposited directly to your bank account(s) on payday. You simply need to fill out the Direct Deposit Authorization Form and attach a voided check for each account. You may also elect to receive your pay stub electronically rather than on paper. If you choose this option you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your direct deposit each month.