BOLT – Forms Required

The W-4

This form instructs the University of Central Arkansas how much federal income tax to withhold from your earnings. Your earnings as a student are taxable income. You use the W-4 to estimate what your tax liability might be at the end of the year. UCA withholds your requested amount throughout your employment each year, so you neither owe nor are refunded a large amount.


If taxes are withheld, you will need to file a federal tax return at the end of the year to determine if you owe additional taxes or are due a refund. The address provided on this form is where your year-end W-2 will be sent. Therefore, you may wish to use a permanent address.


The I-9

Since 1986, all new employees are required to show proof of legal status to work in the United States. UCA requires all new employees to show proof of citizenship (social security card, etc.) and proof of identity (e.g., driver’s license). You must complete this┬áprocess before your first day of work. This is a two-step process. Check with your hiring department.


Direct Deposit/Pay Distribution

In accordance with Arkansas Code 21-5-109, as a condition of employment, a person hired or appointed to a position in any agency in state government on or after August 12, 2005 shall be required to accept payment of salary or wages by electronic warrants transfer.


In order to provide UCA employees with the most efficient and reliable way to obtain their wages, UCA has chosen to implement this state policy requiring direct deposit as a condition of employment for employees hired on or after March 1, 2010.