The University of Central Arkansas Foundation, Inc. awarded eight grants totaling more than $22,000 for fall 2012. The board increased the funding for faculty grants this fiscal year to $35,000 from unrestricted gifts to invest in creative projects that fit within the framework of the strategic goals and mission of the University in meeting educational needs.
These grants are intended to encourage creative programs that may serve as seeds for future programs with a preference given to programs that encourage campus and community involvement as referenced in UCA’s strategic plan goal #5, of increasing engagement with external partners.
The UCA Foundation has begun accepting grant applications for spring 2013. Grant proposals must be received by Friday, February 22, 2013. To access a grant application, visit http://uca.edu/foundation/faculty-grants/.
“The UCA Foundation wants to complement the activities and support from UCA’s Instructional Development Center,” Shelley Mehl, vice president for Advancement and President of the UCA Foundation, Inc. “Faculty are in a unique position to challenge, encourage and inspire our students as seen in these recent awards.”
Fall grantees include the following:
- Dr. Conrad Shumaker – “Celebrating Hispanic Roots with Alberto Rios”
- Dr. Ricky Brooks – Commissioning Band Composition to Celebrate 100 years of UCA Bands”<
- Drs. Shawn Charlton and Bill Lammers – “CSI on the Mind: A Prospective on Career Paths in Forensic Psychology”
- Dr. Brian Campbell – “Environmental Anthropology Documentary: The Night the Blackbirds Fell”
- Dr. Ginny Adams – “Inaugural Girls of Promise Conference at UCA”
- Dr. Katherine Larson – “System of rain gardens in a cooperative effort between UCA faculty and students and Conway citizens”
- Dr. Mary Ruth Marotte – “Scholar Dr. Paul Menzer to speak at UCA and Arkansas Literary Festival, April 2013”
- Dr. Alison Hall – “West Mexican Shaft Tomb Student Project”