Do you have an Associates degree in cardiopulmonary technology, computer information systems, computer information science, computer information systems technology, computer electronics technology, dental hygiene, emergency medical services, environmental/safety technology, medical laboratory technology, health information management, respiratory therapy, respiratory care, or other technical or health-related fields and want to transfer that hard work into a professional baccalaureate degree? The Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies at the University of Central Arkansas will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and experience you need to improve your practical understanding and professional qualifications, through focus in Leadership and Technology or Health and Safety. Graduates from our program are fully prepared to pursue promising careers in administration, research and development, and opportunities in the entrepreneurial fields of health care technology.
As a Professional Studies major at UCA, youll have access to all of the distinct advantages that make the UCA experience special. Just a few of the benefits our program offers include:
- Expert Faculty with diverse professional and academic credentials, who are deeply committed to the success of their students, both in the classroom and in the future. They provide individual attention and mentoring, guidance, and unique opportunities for their students to participate in service learning in the local community, develop websites and Public Service Announcements for in-class projects, work with cutting-edge technology and network with local health care professionals.
- Degree Specialization: our flexible degree concentrations allow students to customize their major in order to meet their interests and career goals. Tracks available in our department include:
- Leadership and Technology- includes courses in interpersonal communication, managing systems and technology, telecommunications and computer networks, entrepreneurship, risk and insurance, human resource management, and small business management.
- Health and Safety- includes courses in industrial safety, community health, administration of health programs, medical terminology, principles of patient care, health care ethics, marketing, technology, and health education.
- Professional Development is available for course credit, by working with in a transformative internship program in a wide variety of clinical settings and state agencies. Students receive observational experience in the field, which is required for admittance into the Doctor of Physical Therapy program, and also provides connections in the community, and can often lead to permanent job placement.
To learn more about the exciting opportunities for personal and professional development available to you through the Professional Studies major at the University of Central Arkansas, visit http://uca.edu/healthsci/undergraduate/professional-studies/.