This is not the bookkeeping classes you took in high school! In the Accounting major at the University of Central Arkansas you study current events and financial trends that affect the economies of our nation and the world at large. You’ll learn auditing skills and discuss the issues of finance and banking that create managers and leaders in the accounting field. With a degree in accounting, you can take your passion for problem solving and analysis into graduate, professional, and law programs or a variety of industries as a Certified Public Accountant, private accountant, or administrator for local, national, and global industries, non-profit organizations, and government agencies, including the FBI and IRS.
As an Accounting major at UCA, you’ll have access to all of the distinct advantages that make the UCA experience special. Just a few of the benefits of our program include:
- Expert Faculty who contribute individual attention to our students and care about their success, both in the classroom and in their future careers. Our instructors emphasize practical experience and provide access to paid internships and community accounting opportunities, such as participation in projects for local firms.
- Professional Networking through a wide range of projects that bring our students into contact with leading professionals in the field. One such example is Danny Vance, a UCA alum and former CFO for Alltel, who has contributed his perspective and experience toward giving UCA students unprecedented access within the accounting community.
- AACSB Accredited Degree that ensures our instructors are at the top of their field and the curriculum meets the highest standards in the discipline. Graduate schools, employers, and Fortune 500 companies look favorably upon graduates of an AACSB program.
- Beta Alpha Psi, the national honors organization for financial information professionals, has a chapter at UCA. The organization is designed to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the field of accounting. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting; providing opportunities for professional development, association among members and practicing accountants, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility. To learn more about Beta Alpha Psi, visit the chapter website at: http://www.ucabetaalphapsi.org/.
- Employment Opportunities UCA graduates have a high record of success on the Certified Public Accountant exam and many of our students even receive job offers up to a year before graduation with starting salaries of $45,000 or more!
To learn more about the exciting opportunities for personal and professional development available to you through the Accounting major at the University of Central Arkansas, visit http://uca.edu/accounting/.