Figuring out how to pay for college is an issue that concerns many parents and college bound students. At UCA, we understand that the financial aid process can be intimidating, that’s why we’ve taken the time to gather a brief description of all the financial possibilities you can explore while preparing for college. It’s just another way the University of Central Arkansas is dedicated to helping you make your college experience a wise investment.
- UCA Scholarships: UCA wants to see every student succeed. We have many wonderful scholarship opportunities on our campus:
- Academic Scholarships – Academic scholarships are awarded to incoming freshmen and transfer students through the Office of Student Financial Aid. Please take a moment to visit our Academic Scholarship page or call us at (501) 450-3140.
- Schedler Honors College Scholarships – Honors Scholarships are awarded directly through the Schedler Honors College. For more information about the Schedler Honors College application and scholarship process, visit honors.uca.edu or call (501) 450-3198. You can also reach them by e-mail at email@example.com.
- UCA Foundation Scholarships – The UCA Foundation has established 204 endowed scholarship funds and awarded $612,000 in scholarships to 326 students during the 2011-2012 academic year. For more information, visit www.uca.edu/scholarships and click on the UCA Foundation link.
- Departmental & Performance Scholarships – The University of Central Arkansas offers many departmental and performance based scholarships. These scholarships are awarded by the individual departments. For more information, visit www.uca.edu/scholarships and click on the Departmental and University Scholarships link.
Federal Aid: All potential UCA students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible. There is a wide range of federal financial assistance available:
- Grants- Pell Grants, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
- Loans- Perkins Loans, Direct Student Loans
- Federal Work-Study Employment- This program is need based, and eligibility must be assessed by completing the FAFSA process. Many departments on UCA’s campus employ work-study students.
You can find out more information about all of these opportunities by visiting www.studentaid.gov or calling our the Office of Student Financial Aid at (501) 450-3140.
State Aid: There are many state financial aid grant and scholarship options available for Arkansas residents. For more information on the scholarship and grant programs listed below please visit www.adhe.edu.
- Academic Challenge (Lottery) Scholarship – Deadline: June 1. To apply, visit www.adhe.edu and click on the Arkansas Universal Scholarship Application link.
- Governor’s Distinguished Scholarship Program – Deadline: February 1.
- Governor’s Scholarship Program – Deadline: February 1.
- GO! Opportunities Grant – Deadline: June 1. To apply, visit www.adhe.edu and click on the Arkansas Universal Scholarship Application link..
You can find more information about these and other opportunities by visiting www.adhe.edu and clicking on Arkansas Universal Scholarship Application link. You can also contact the Arkansas Department of Higher Education by phone at (800) 54-STUDY or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Sources of Aid: Many civic organization and corporate sponsors offer a wide variety of scholarship opportunities. Make sure you explore local resources such as Kiwanis, Lions Club International, Rotary Clubs, and university alumni organizations, as well as a multitude of corporate sponsors. You can find a lot of helpful information concerning scholarships through their corporate web sites. To find scholarship opportunities in Arkansas and throughout the Nation, take advantage of free scholarship search engines such as FastWeb! and the Arkansas based FundMyFuture.